Coal Creative is looking for a Design Specialist
Effective design has the power to educate, inspire and entertain its audience, sometimes more than any other medium. Good design is at the heart of what we do at Coal Creative. Our next Design Specialist has a keen grasp on the potential that imagery has to be an exquisite storyteller. At a foundational level, this person has a commanding knowledge and artistic flair with the latest design software. With a solid understanding of core marketing and advertising principles, they navigate nimbly through each step of the design process. They develop fresh ideas with as much ease as they produce final files. They think visually and can interpret written and spoken concepts into mockups quickly. They process feedback gracefully and can pivot when their ideas need refining. If you have design chops and a passion for effective visual storytelling, apply today!
Requirements of Position
- Proficiency with Creative Cloud software
- Adobe Illustrator
- Create print and digital designs, including but not limited to web-based mockups, social media graphics, logos, brochures, billboards, and e-marketing assets
- Participate in feedback sessions with management, ensuring designs meet organizational standards and brand expectations, express ideas accurately, and represent the company or client appropriately
- Work both independently and collaboratively on projects with all departments
- Work efficiently under sometimes tight deadlines and budgets
- Manage multiple projects, sometimes five or more at the same time
Skills & Qualifications
- Proven experience with graphic design, with a strong portfolio of work
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (see “Communication & Expectations” section for more details)
- Exceptional creative and design fundamentals
- One or more years of experience (academic and professional) with design software, including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.
- Organizational and time-management skills for meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Creating visually stunning and engaging content!
Works closely with
- Content Director
- Lead Designer
- Chief Creative Officer
- Starting Hourly Rate: $15 to $17
- Position Type: Full-time
- Location: Flexible—there are 3 primary options available:
- In house at our Wilkes-Barre location at 67-69 Public Square, Suite 600
- Hybrid model (for example: 3 days in office, 2 days remote)
- Fully remote option is available, as long as it is the best fit for both the applicant and the team at Coal Creative
- Internal Tools Utilized: Asana, Google Drive, Harvest, Slack
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits: Start after 90 days of employment
- Unlimited PTO and PTO for all major holidays, additionally requested holidays, and your birthday
- Summer Fridays: Office closes at 2PM on Fridays between Memorial Day through Labor Day
- Bi-annual bonuses after 90 day review and assessment period
- Monthly access to studioBE wellness & mindfulness platform after 90 day review and assessment period
Communication & Expectations
- Maintain a Coal Creative email for client outreach and respond to all correspondence within 24 hours
- Consistent internal communication with the Coal Creative team via Slack
- Attend all necessary meetings, internally and externally
- While we do not require a start and end time at Coal Creative, this position is expected to be primarily available between the hours of 10AM and 4PM Monday through Friday
About The Company
Our team members at Coal Creative strive to lead the marketing and advertising industry in innovation, collaboration and productivity while balancing social responsibility and commitment to community.
We are headquartered in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, but serve clients who operate on local, national and even global scales. Likewise, our team covers the map but still maintains strong professional relationships and friendships.
As a human-first organization, we prioritize our people before anything. It leads to more effective marketing campaigns, wholehearted community advocacy and better collaborator relationships. This mindset has led to broad recognition on local and national levels including a Times Leader Media Group Best Places to Work award and Communitas Award for Excellence in Community Service in 2021.
67-69 Public Square, Suite 600, Wilkes-Barre PA 18701
Please send your resume, portfolio pieces and your response to “Why Coal Creative?” to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org – Applications are being accepted until 11:59 PM on Tuesday, August 16, 2022.
Questions? Please email us at email@example.com or call our office line at 570-212-9586.